Gulf Coast High Intensity Drug Trafficking Area
Closing Date: January 20, 2017
Enforcement Group Secretary
Salary: $24,000.00 plus 30% Benefits
This is a position established by the Executive Committee of the Gulf Coast High Intensity Drug Trafficking Area (GC HIDTA). The person selected will become a contract employee of the Jefferson Parish, LA Sheriff’s Office. Funding for this position is contingent on an annually renewable federal grant from the Office of National Drug Control Policy. The position will be based in Fayetteville, AR. The GC HIDTA will provide no relocation expenses.
This position will support GC HIDTA Enforcement Task Force efforts in the GC HIDTA Fayetteville, AR area. Applicants may be required to travel to the GC HIDTA Fayetteville, AR office at their own expense for an interview.
This position performs the following functions in support of GC HIDTA Task Force Enforcement Group operations:
- Transcribing technical and highly confidential dictation requiring a high degree of accuracy;
- Composing correspondence and other material requiring a knowledge of HIDTA Policies and procedures;
- Organizing, designing, and maintaining a filing system for classifying, retrieving and disposing of such materials as correspondence, records, reports, and other documents of a routine or confidential nature;
- Preparing necessary affidavits for search warrants;
- Preparing court orders, subpoenas, and other similar documents;
- Routing correspondence and other materials in order to insure timely distribution and appropriate action;
- Placing local and long distance calls upon request to various officials, and other public and private sector parties;
- Requesting a variety of office supplies and equipment, and maintenance service as needed;
- Identifying and assembling information for various reports, briefings, meetings, court appearances, and conferences;
- Making arrangements for travel, conferences, and meetings, maintaining a calendar of such events and notifying interested parties of the date, time and location;
- Receiving information from cooperating individuals, arranging meetings and ensuring contact of cooperating individuals with agents; and
- Maintaining necessary log books on all correspondence, case reports and intelligence reports, recording date received, date completed, date acknowledged, and other information as necessary.
- Proficiency in word processing, spreadsheets, computer database functions.
- High School Diploma
- 2 years of related experience.
- Ability to communicate effectively in written and verbal form
- Ability to use computer programs and databases to load, store, manipulate and analyze various forms of information
- Ability to work effectively in an interagency environment with federal, state and local law enforcement
- Must be able to obtain appropriate security clearance.
How to Apply:
Forward resumes to Resident Agent-in-Charge, Drug Enforcement Administration, at 179 E. Colt Drive, Fayetteville, AR or email to Bryan.D.Rorex@usdoj.gov.
Resumes should specifically address past job experience and required proficiencies mention in this announcement.
Selection will be made without regard to race, gender or national origin.